This article review the steps to add a node to an upper level that is not auto-assigned during the upload.
If a lower level node is not associated with a parent node, it will not be forecasted nor will it be included in historical sales. As a result, all new as well as old nodes that are no longer being sold must be added to their appropriate nodes as required or they will not be forecasted. To retain history, of old items, it is recommended to add them to their proper node but then deactivate the items in data maintenance. A deactivated item will not be forecasted or supply planned but will be included in history.
Search for Items to Associate to Nodes
- Choose the item level from the Planning Hierarchy drop down
- Filter the items you would like to add to the hierarchy using tags and categories. In the example above, the filter was based on the item tag "New Item."
- You may also search and add items one at time using the search box.
- Another option is to use the Association drop down and filter using the "Not Assigned" drop down option
Associate Item to a Node
The view below shows the items identified by the "Not Assigned" dropdown
- Use select all to check the items to add to hierarchical node.
- Click "Associate to Parent Node"
- The Node drop down box appears where you can select the node to add the items from the drop down.
- Click save.
- To remove a Parent Node association, filter the data as described above and select the applicable items
- Click "Disassociate from Parent Node."
Item is Associated with Parent Node
Once all hierarchies and associations have been created, a new Pareto must be run to formally prepare the data for demand planning.
You may also upload the hierarchical nodes and relationships by following the steps as described in the article Creating an S&OP Planning Hierarchy by uploading or via automation