At times the data in the ERP does not have the correct location relationships established. In such a situation, you can create the relationships in DemandCaster.
Source versus Destination Column Definition
- The Source is always in the Supplier column
- The Destination is always in the Location column
Select the location where a source needs to be defined
- Go to Requirement Plan
- Item Selection
- You may use the "Select Locations" drop down (or any applicable filter) to select the destination via a filter if the source for the destination is consistent across most items. If there are a few that dont follow the path, you may exclude them from the selection or change them one at a time after the initial change is made.
- Check the items to be updated (or select all if a filter is applied).
- In the example below, the 3 item locations selected have locations applied from your ERP. If no location is assigned, a manufactured item will have the source designated by an asterisk *
- Click Edit
Scroll down to Manufacturing Settings
- Check the box to enable "Source Location" setting
- Select "User Defined" to enable a user defined source location.
- From the drop down, select the source location to be assigned. In the example below, we are assigning the location "Manufacturing"
- Click "Save" to apply
The Source Location has been applied
Please note the following Source and Destination rules related to Make, Buy, and Transfer orders
- If the Source and Destination locations are the same, then the item is manufactured in the location. Its suggested order will be a Production order. Please be sure the Make / Buy setting for the item / location is set to Make in order to explode a BOM at the location.
- If the Source and Destination locations are different, then the item will be receiving its inventory at the destination via a transfer from the source. Its suggested order will be a Transfer order.
- If the Source is a supplier, the item location receives its supply from an outside supplier. Its suggested order will be a Purchase order.