This article describes how to stop and restart the data connector service.
This is an important step when the Data Connector loses connectivity with the DemandCaster data hub. The data connector service will likely show that is running but in the instance where it loses connectivity, you need to stop and restart the connector.
Go to Windows Services
There are a number of ways to find the list of Windows Services located on the server:
- Go to Control Panel -> System and Security -> Services
- Or you can Right-click on Computer icon on desktop and select Manage to open a new window. Now go to Services & Applications -> Services.
- You can also open the same from Administrative Tools -> Computer Management.
- Or you can directly open "Services" list by entering the services.msc command in RUN or Start menu search box.
Start or Stop the Data Connector service
- In the list of services, find "Data Connector." Sort by Name to quickly locate.
- Right click on the "Data Connector" service
- Click "Start" or "Stop"
If Required, Commence a Fresh Data Load
If the data connector goes off-line, your data may have not loaded and any connected processes may have not run. To check, go to Data > Data Upload to view the last date and time data was loaded.
To load fresh data and kick off any connected processes such as the requirement plan, follow the steps documented in the article Uploading Data Using the Data Hub