DemandCaster receives the data necessary to run an analysis in one of two ways.
- Automated Data Upload: This is an automated process done via the DataHub. The article below describes how a data upload may be initiated on demand.
- Manual Data Upload: This is a manual data upload process as described in the Manual Upload article.
The automated data upload process is an ETL (extract, transform, and load) process that is included with all DemandCaster licenses. This process automates and simplifies the data upload process by preparing and loading SQL queries via the data hub.
The queries will pull data from the client database using the installed data connector and will transform the data in the required format.
The Data Hub will only appear if you are authorized to run a data extract and the Data Hub is set up in your profile.
You are now in the Data Hub
- Click on ETL in the upper menu bar
- Click on Data Management in the second level menu
Select the ETL to Run
- Identify the appropriate extraction template. Most often it is named “All Data”.
- Click "Run" to trigger the data extraction process.
Return to DemandCaster
- Click on the gear
- Click on “Back to Admin” to go back to DemandCaster while the extraction is running.
- Click on Data in the top menu group
- Click “Data Upload” in the second level menu
- You should see the process running as the extraction and transformation steps are progressing. When it loads, you will see the progress of each table as shown in the second image below.
- Once complete, the data will show up in the “Data Upload” interface with the date and time it was run and "Yes" in the completed column per the third image.
Reviewing Upload Files for Errors
Follow the steps described in the article: Reviewing Upload File for Errors