The main DemandCaster Navigation menu is where you are able to quickly move from one interface to another. We are showing the full menu with all possible DemandCaster modules installed. Your navigation structure will vary depending on your companies deployment.
The DemandCaster menu is organized with a left to right process logic. Where the left most menu options are typically run before the option to the right.
The menu itself is structured as follows:
- Top menu bar that is organized in major planning areas.
- Each planning area has an associated sub-menu that opens specific functional areas of the software.
- The specific functional area is not shown until you click the selection in the sub-menu.
The Data menu group includes three components:
- Data Upload: Allows user to manually upload data to DemandCaster.
- Data Hub: Users with data hub access are able to schedule data uploads from their ERP to DemandCaster or run new data extracts on demand. This is only available if the Data Hub integration is installed.
- Data Maintenance: Users are able to to manually edit or disable items and other uploaded data.
S&OP (optional add-on)
The Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) menu group includes the following elements:
- Planning Hierarchy: The interface where the user establishes the S&OP hierarchy. This is executed during setup of the S&OP process or as new hierarchical levels are introduced.
- Pareto Analysis: This interface executes the monthly pareto analysis that focuses the user on the most important customers, categories, items to manage as part of S&OP. The balance are grouped in an "Other" category. It is also executed when new items are introduced to customers or when changes to the hierarchy are made. The pareto percent is managed in System Settings. Pareto is run automatically when the demand plan is run.
- Demand and Supply Plan: This interface displays the demand plan and supply plan for a company for a 12 month rolling interval starting with the current month, the current fiscal year, and the next fiscal year.
- Requirement Review: This interface allows the user to execute a requirement plan to assess the impact on inventory and capacity. It is executed following the initiation of the supply plan. The results of this review could initiate changes to the demand plan if supply is unable to meet the requirements stated.
- Capacity Review: The detailed capacity view resulting from the requirement view.
- Plan Approval: After the Demand and Supply plans are ready, the plan is approved in DemandCaster in order to drive the day to day requirement plan. Requirement planning uses the S&OP approved demand and supply plan until the next approval is initiated normally at the start of the following month.
- Grid: Capability to view and edit demand based on a stacked hierarchy.
- Change Log: View changes made to the plan by user, type, date, time. Includes capability to undo demand plan changes.
The Requirement Plan menu group includes two components:
- Item Selection: The main selection interface where users select items for Requirement Planning in addition to changing item related planning options.
- Planner Action: The list of all the resulting Requirement Plans and Planner Action results.
Capacity (optional add-on)
The Capacity option adds the option to plan work center and address over-capacity issues. It includes:
- Capacity Grid: Provides a capacity management and production scheduling grid.
- Data Maintenance: Adds capability to manage and edit routings and work centers.
The Analytics menu group includes seven components:
- Classification: ABC classification by sales, cost or margin as well independent and dependent demand.
- Segmentation: Multi-criteria segmentation analysis by business importance (ABC), order frequency (high, medium, and low), and forecast accuracy (high, medium, and low).
- Lead Time: Manufacturing and supplier lead time and on time performance analysis.
- Stocking: Analysis to determine if and what level of a bill of material an item should be stocked.
- Forecast: Forecasting sources and statistics
- Order Point Calc: Result of the different safety stock and forecast options that together set the order point for a given item item.
- Order Point Review: Analysis of how will an order point performed relative to actual results.
The Reports menu group includes two components:
- Reports: Numerous standard and company specify excel and PDF reports available to download on demand.
- Custom Reports: User defined custom reports using the data available in DemandCaster.
- Forecast Performance: Analysis of forecast performance by item and analysis date.
The Users menu group is available to the DemandCaster administrator to help manage users. It includes four components:
- Users: List of all authorized DemandCaster users.
- User Groups: Organization of the different user groups. Each user group has a different set of view permissions. As an example, a user group may be suppliers where they are only able to view the items they produce without seeing customer or pricing information.
- Roles: Different user roles.
- Permissions: The assignment of the different view permissions by user role.
The Utilities menu group includes five components:
- System Settings: Overall analysis settings assigned as default for each item.
- Automation: Interface to automate analysis such as nightly requirement planning.
- Notes: All user inputted notes.
- Lock Periods: Provides the capability to pre-schedule periods where orders cannot be scheduled for delivery. Helpful in situations such as scheduling around Chinese New Year as an example.
- Tags: User defined tag management.
- Events: Provides the capability to create special event categories which may be used in 4-P.
- Customer Groups: Provides the capability to create aggregate groups of customers for requirement planning and S&OP.
- Change Log: Record of changes made to DemandCaster data and settings.
- Announcements: Placeholder for in-app announcements
- Batching: Order batching management.