We recommend checking the following values in DemandCaster to ensure the values match. These should be checked after following the steps as documented in the article Process Steps Following New Data Upload
Go to the Item Planning Detail View
- Click "Requirement Plan"
- Click "Item Selection"
- Click on an item to view the details. It is best to select an item where you know there is on hand and open replenishment orders or customer orders.
Check on hand, replenishment orders, customer orders, lead time, and other attributes
- Check On Hand (if multi-location is enabled make sure to check against the correct location)
- Check open purchase or production orders in the replenishment columns
- Check open customer orders in the independent demand item. Placing your cursor over the cell with open orders open the details of the cell.
- Check that the lead time values are correct correct. Read the article Lead Time Logic to learn more.
- Check the the item has the correct Make or Buy setting. Read the BoM Visibility section of the Bill Of Materials (BoM) article to understand why a Make versus a Buy setting is important.
- Check item stock status. Stock means the item is maintained in inventory and is made or purchase to stock. Order means the item is not maintained in inventory and is made or purchased to order.
It is critical the above settings are correct in order to ensure DemandCaster generates appropriate results. If for some reason, your system does not have the correct settings or they are not available, they may be edited in DemandCaster as described in the article Applying Settings In Options Tab, Item Selection, And Analytics.
Check BOM or DRP if applicable
Make certain to select an item location with a BOM and/or location applied
- Click the word BOM to open the BOM panel and check to make certain it is correct. Learn more by reading the Bill of Materials (BoM) article.
- Click the word Distribution Panel to open the location relationships to make certain the source and destination is correct. The current location is at the bottom of the hierarchy and the source is at the top.
Check Sales History
You can check sales history via the following options:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Item Planning Detail view to view history by customer. It is best to view this for item/locations with independent sales.
- If S&OP is enabled, you may click on the customer name and it will open the demand plan view of the item and customer - see second image below.
- In Item Planning Details, open the General Item Analysis tab and scroll down to Actual and Forecast Summary and Dependent and Independent Historical Demand Performance sections and check the values there.
What to do if any value is incorrect
If manually uploaded data, please review your data, make any changes, and re-upload. If the problem persists, please email email@example.com with the discrepancy.
If there is an integration in place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the discrepancy specifying what the value should be and where to find the correct information in your ERP. Provide screenshots where available.
Once the data is verified, the formal on-boarding process will commence.