The DemandCaster S&OP Demand and Supply planning process supports 3 calendar options. The standard monthly calendar, fiscal 4-4-5, and fiscal 5-4-4.
In certain cases, there are fiscal calendars that result in 53 week years every few years, as well as 4-5-4 calendars. In these situations, DemandCaster provides the option to upload your own calendar configurations. Here are the steps to do so.
Choose Calendar Type in System Settings
Go to Utilities >> System Settings
- Scroll down to other setting.
- If your calendar is a 4-4-5 or 5-4-4, click the appropriate radio button, otherwise click on User Defined.
- Scroll to the bottom and click save.
Prep Your Calendar Upload File
Open a blank spreadsheet, and populate the file with the following data. Please make sure your calendar date starts 4 years earlier based on fiscal year start date.
- Column A will be the Year number
- Column B will be the Month number
- Column C will be the number of weeks in the given month
Save the File, Zip, and Upload
Save the file as a tab delimited text file with the name fiscalyearweeksperperiod (fiscalyearweeksperperiod.txt), zip, and upload per the article Manually Uploading Data