This article describes the steps required to run a new requirement plan with the S&OP add-on enabled. To run a new requirement plan when S&OP is not enabled, please read the article Running a New Requirement Plan (when S&OP IS NOT enabled).
Select Items to Plan
- Use the different filter options in the Selection interface to filter and then select items to requirement plan. You may also choose to plan all items in which case go to step 2.
- Click Select All, to select all the filtered items (or unfiltered if all items are to be run).
- You may also click on the check box next to the desired items to manually select one or a few items.
- Click "Run Analysis" to commence the forecast or requirement process for the selected items.
Apply Analysis Options
The item forecast, safety stock, and order triggers come from the approved S&OP demand plan and supply plan.
- Selection Criteria: A message is provided that shows the number of items that have been selected for analysis.
- Description: Name your requirement plan (recommended so that you can reference past analysis)
- Click “Generate” to run the requirement plan.
Automating the Requirement Plan
You may choose to automate the requirement planning and forecasting process at a frequency you desire using DemandCaster's Automation engine. Read the article Automation in DemandCaster to learn how.