This article covers the organization and structure of the planner action view. To learn how to edit and approve suggested orders within the planner action, please read the article Editing and Approving Suggested Orders in Planner Action. You can also review the Action and Reason code definition by reading Planner Action Action and Reason Code Definitions
- Once a new forecast or requirement plan is complete, the suggested orders are accessed by clicking on the Requirement Plan top level menu and then Planner Action to immediately go to the planner action view. The planner action is also the page shown when logging into DemandCaster.
The planner action is designed to communicate what replenishment order actions are required to meet forecasted and customer order demand by item and by location (if DRP is enabled).
It is made up of the following components:
- Planner Action filters
- Item Type filters
- Action buttons
- Item/Location selection filters
- Suggested actions/orders
Here you can filter the orders to review suggested replenishment orders in any manner desired. The filters and status messages described in the balance of the article may be combined to focus the user on their areas of responsibility and/or most critical items.
Sort Order and Available Actions
- The default sort order in the planner action is:
- Line Status with Urgent first in business importance descending order.
- Plan Status with Firm orders first
- Order By Date
- Needed By Date
- You can click on the View Details icon to review the item planning details of the item and make order edits and approve orders there per the article Editing and Approving Suggested Replenishment Orders
- You may also edit in the planner action view by clicking on the suggested orders Due Date at LT, Order Qty, or Supplier.
- Clicking on the radio button in the Approve column, approves the order line.
- Clicking on the radio button in the Ignore column, hides the order line from view.
Planner Action Filters
The drop downs auto apply the selection to the list.
- Ignore: Yes or No. Filters on Ignore column.
- Approved: Yes or No. If an order is reviewed, the user has the option to approve the order to signify that they accept the suggestion made by DemandCaster or have edited it accordingly. This is designated by "Yes." If not approved "No." The process to review orders is described in the article Editing and Approving Suggested Replenishment Orders
- Action: These are the actions to be taken by the planner. They are: Make, Buy, Transfer, and Other. Other relates to the line Expedite, Expedite Future Order, Postone, Cancel, and Late Line statuses below.
- Line Status: These are line specific actions. They are Normal, Expedite, Expedite Future, Postpone, Cancel, and Late. To learn more please read Planner Action Action and Reason Code Definitions
- Plan: Firm or Planned. Orders within the lead time or order horizon are considered Firm. Outside of the order horizon are considered planned. The order horizon is set in system settings or multi-edit.
- Reason: These are the reasons why an order is being suggested. They are: Customer Order, Order Point, Planned Order, Stock-out, Overstock, No Forecast, Expiration, Safety Stock, and Late. To learn more please read Planner Action Action and Reason Code Definitions
- Horizon: How far out in the future to view planned orders. The filter is based on a time frame starting from the current week.
- Availability: During the Supply Planning process and requirement planning, the color coding feature provides users with the ability to see if the item that is scheduled to be released to production has the components available to do so. It also shows relative availability of a given item to illustrate urgency. You can read more here in the article Clean to Build.
- Business Importance: Filter the selection by A, B, or C business importance.
- Order Frequency: Filter the selection by High, Medium, or Low order frequency.
- Forecastability: Filter the selection by High and Low forecastability.
- Accuracy: Filter the selection by High, Medium, or Low forecast accuracy.
- Excel: Provides the capability to download interface specific reports. In the case of the Selection Interface, the user may download the forecast and replenishment options that are currently being applied to the selected items.
- Select all: Allows the user to select the items for analysis or for settings editing. The selection is limited to the items filtered. If no filter is applied, all items are selected.
- Unselect all: Unselects what was previously selected.
- Approve Orders: Clicking on the icon approves a selected rows planned order to signify that they accept the suggestion made by DemandCaster or have edited it accordingly. Approved orders are eligible to be downloaded to ERP when the option to download is enabled. An approved order changes the color of the order status cell to blue to signify that it is ready to download.
- Disapprove Orders: Clicking on the icon, dis-approves a selected rows previously approved order.
- Download to ERP: After the item(s) are selected, clicking generate analysis will take the user to the Download to ERP interface (if enabled).
- Constrained Planning: View the requirements based on constrained view when the Constrained Planning option is enabled.
- All Plans: Go to the list of prior requirement plans. To learn more read Requirement Plan / Planner Action List View
- Run Batching: Optional feature. Enable calculation to determine how much volume a selected group of planned orders consume.
Item / Location Multi-Select Drop Down Filters
A user can select any combination of these variables to filter the suggested order lines. The selection does not auto-apply. The "Search" button must be clicked to apply the selection
- Planner: The planner assigned to the item. You may upload planners via a file named planninguser.txt. The file is described in the article DemandCaster Data Tables
- Supplier/Vendor: Where the items are procured or produced. This group may also include inter-company locations that supply products to other inter-company locations.
- Categories: Categories of product groupings. Each item is tied to one primary category in this drop down. Additional categories may be added as tags.
- Customers: The companies customers that purchase the item(s).
- Tags: ABCD and User Defined Tags
- Source and Destination Locations (if DRP is enabled) and Suppliers: If Multi-Location (DRP) is enabled the location view is as follows by item per the item location table - If location is the same and the item is a buy the supplier is the vendor in item.txt. If source and destination are different then the supplier is the source location. If location is same and item is make then supplier is the current location. If DRP is not enabled, the supplier is always the vendor in the item.txt file (unless the item vendor is changed in Data Maintenance).
- Search: Search for item in selection interface. They may be partial part numbers or words. Looks for string in both item number and description.
- Click the "Search" button to apply the selection
Planner Action Table View
A description of the different columns follows. The image shown is for a company with DRP enabled.
- Availability: Color coded availability of the item and its components over lead time..
- View Details: View planning settings and planned item planning details of the selected item.
- Item: The item number
- Description: The items description.
- Location: The location of the item if multi-location (DRP) is enabled.
- Action: The type of order. Transfer (move inventory from one location to another), Produce (produce inventory within the location), or Purchase (procure inventory from a vendor), or other (if it is related to an existing order)
- Line Status: The status of the line in terms of what needs to be done. Urgent lines are highlighted in Red. See description in "Planner Action Filter: Drop Downs" section above.
- Reference: If there is an exiting order where the action and line status is applied, the order is called out.
- Reason Status: The reason the action is being suggested. To learn more please read Planner Action Action and Reason Code Definitions
- Planned Status: Firm or Plan by line. Firm order is a suggested order within the order horizon that should be acted on. A planned order is a suggested order falling beyond the order horizon. To learn more please read Planner Action Action and Reason Code Definitions
- Order by: The date the order line needs to be ordered by. Any line with "Now" needs to be addressed today in order to meet the requirements based on the lead time.
- Need by: This is the date the order is needed by in urgent or expedite line status.
- Due Date at LT: This is the date the order should be delivered by at the planned lead time.
- Order Qty: This is the quantity suggested to be ordered.
- Supplier: The items vendor. Unknown or the same location as the destination location means the item is manufactured in house.
- Approved: Click to approve a suggested order and make it available to be downloaded to the ERP.
- Ignore: Ignore a suggested order line. This hides the suggested order line.
- Tag: User defined tag