This article describes two drop downs that filter the suggested order by status in the Planner Action.
Action Drop Down
Actions are what needs to be done to fulfill a requirement or address an issue such as expedite:
- Buy: A suggested purchase order
- Make: A suggested work order
- Transfer: A suggested transfer order
- Other: If the Line Status is Expedite, Exp. Future Order, Late, Cancel, Postpone, or Review
Line Status Drop Down
Line status communicates the specific detail of the action. The clean to build filters may also be used with actions to filter based on urgency. To learn more read Clean to Build Color Coded Inventory Status
- Normal: Create a normal order at lead time. There is no need to expedite. Reason is Order Point at lead time or Safety Stock outside of lead time. For make to stock, reference the customer order. Action is Make, Buy, or Transfer.
- Urgent: Item does not have enough on hand and on order to prevent a stock out or breach of the safety stock threshold before lead time. As a result, an order needs to be created before the lead time. The reason for the order is Stock-Out any time during lead time, or Safety Stock if the safety stock is breached beyond the threshold any time during the lead time. The suggested order is the quantity needed to cover the lead time order point, the need by date is the first time the safety stock is breached per the safety stock breach setting or a stock out is realized. Color code Line Action red if stock out is within current week, yellow if it occurs any time beyond the first week. Action is Make, Buy, or Transfer. Urgent takes precedence over an expedite as long as an additional order needs to be placed to cover the lead time demand even if there are open orders during the lead time.
- Expedite: A current open order within the lead time needs to be expedited to prevent the item from stocking out within the lead time. This status is applied only when the ending on hand at the lead time requires no additional order. The order to expedite will appear in the reference column. Reason codes will be Stock-Out if the stock out any time during lead time, color code Action red if stock out is within current week, Safety Stock if safety stock breached any time during lead time. Order quantity is blank. If there is a situation where there is an expedite or expedite future order, the line status defaults to expedite and action is Other.
- Exp. Future Order: Open orders that are in the planning horizon but beyond the lead time are suggested to be expedited to an earlier date to address a stock-out. This is done as opposed to placing an additional order. The order to expedite will appear in the reference column. Action will be Other.
- Expedite - All: This filter displays all lines that have Expedite or Expedite Future Order line status. Action will be Other.
- Late: For information only. Used when a purchase order or a work order is late / past due and no other order is needed. Action is Other.
- Cancel: New status for an open replenishment order for a non-stock item with no customer order or no forecast. Action will be Other.
- Postpone: If the item has an "over-stock" designation and an open replenishment order, the system will change the status from "Over-Stock" to "Postpone." Action will be Other.
- Review: For information only. Used when the on hand falls below the safety stock during the lead time, but the on hand is OK at the end of the lead time. The trigger may be configured by the Critical Safety Stock setting in system settings. Action will be Other. Suggested order will be blank. Action with be Other.
Reason Drop Down
These are statuses related to the on hand (OH) and on order (OO) level of inventory and forecast for a given item applied when safety stock is greater than 0. The drop down is designed to focus the user on exceptions and critical items.
- Customer Order: Used when there is a customer order and if the item is make or purchase to order.
- Order Point: Used when the item has an order point and the net available is triggering a reorder at the lead time.
- Planned Order: Used when an order is needed beyond the lead time to meet the independent or dependent demand of the item.
- Stock-Out: Used when the item is 0 or negative any time lead time. The line status code is Red if it occurs during the first week.
- Overstock: Used when there is too much inventory on order based on inventory threshold setting in system settings.
- No Forecast: Used when there is an open repl. order yet there is no customer order or forecast available
- Expiration: Used when lot control is enabled and quantity is no longer usable.
- Safety Stock: Used when SS is breached during lead time or beyond lead time greater than % threshold.
- Late: Used when a purchase order or a work order is late / past due and no other order is needed.
NOTE: Over-stock statuses are typically identified when an item has a high order point relative to historical demand. Since order points are the sum of forecast plus safety stock over lead time, the high order point may be caused by a high forecast relative to demand. It may also be caused by a high safety stock as result of highly volatile demand or other safety stock related settings.