- Click on Utilities in the top menu bar
- Click on Automation in the Utilities menu group
- Click Add New
Select the Type of Automation and Item to Run
- Enter the name of the Automation
- Select "Requirement Plan" as the type of automation
- Determine Selection Type:
- All Items: Runs the requirement plan automation against all active items
- Filter Selection: Runs the requirement plan automation against a filter group of items using the selection filter options i.e. tags, classification, product class, vendors, etcetera.
- Selected Items: Runs the automation against a one or more individually selected items.
- Click Next
In the example below we are running a requirement plan automation against all items and have named it Daily Requirement Plan.
Name the Requirement Plan
Follow the description on the options to enter when running requirement plan with S&OP (Running a New Requirement Plan (when S&OP IS enabled)) or without S&OP enabled (Running a New Requirement Plan (when S&OP IS NOT enabled)).
The image below shows the options when S&OP is enabled.
After the options are entered, click on the Triggers tab.
If filtering or selected items option are selected, the filter tab becomes visible. Clicking on the filter tab provides the user to filter the selection of items.
- The trigger is another process that triggers the requirement plan to run when the trigger process is completed. In most every case, the trigger for a requirement plan is tied to an ETL. The ETL is the data integration process.
- Select "Automated Data Upload" and select the ETL template that is used to run the daily data upload. If no ETL template is shown, contact DemandCaster support.
- When triggers are selected, the Scheduling tab is not applied.
- Click the back arrow to save the automation
Example of Automation List
- Triggers have date stamps of when they were last run and show the ETL template that triggers the event.
- Scheduled automation show the previous and next schedule run.
- There are other triggers related to non requiement planning automation that are covered under a separate article.