DemandCaster's user management is organized as follows:
- Permissions: The different functions and views available in DemandCaster.
- Roles: The different functional areas with assigned permissions.
- User Groups: A collection of functional roles.
- Users: Individuals assigned any of the three or a combination of permissions, roles, and/or user groups.
A list of pre-defined permissions are provided. All permissions preceded with the word View which in the context of DemandCaster means to view and also includes editing capability when part of the view.
Assigned to Roles is the pre-defined assignment to a specific Role. Typically we recommend on Role per permission.
Roles define different functional areas within DemandCaster with many pre-defined with a name and description.
- Clicking on "Edit" in the row of a role opens the detail to which permissions may added or removed. See "Role Detail" image below.
- Clicking on "Delete," removes the role from DemandCaster.
Role Detail view
In the example below we see the permissions assigned to the role Forecasting and Requirement Planning.
Clicking on Add Permissions opens a pop-up that provides a list of additional permissions that can be added to the role.
User groups are larger functional areas made up of smaller roles. Clicking "Edit" open the detail of each user group. See the User Group detail provided below.
User Group detail view
- Clicking Add Role opens a pop-up with additional roles that may be added.
- Clicking Add Permission opens a pop-up of individual permissions that may be added to the group.