Why Do I Need This?
With the latest release 2018.1 NetSuite started enforcing the concurrence for some customers but by 2018.2 NetSuite started enforcing the concurrence on all customers.
What Does This Mean?
- Integrations (REST/WebService) that connect to NetSuite database to grab data will use a default limit of 5 concurrent (simultaneous) connections.
- This number is shared for all integrations within your NetSuite System/Node.
- If you have one integration that needs 2 concurrent connections, there will be 3 concurrent connections left for other integrations until the first two are closed.
- If you have too many integrations running you will get an error on one or more integrations stating, you have exceeded the allotted 5 concurrent connections.
What Can Be Done?
- Monitor your integrations with NetSuite Concurrency Monitor
- Schedule integrations to run when other integrations are not running
- Write/Rewrite your integrations to not need as many connections
- Purchase SuiteCloud Plus (SCP) License to increase your limit
NetSuite Application Performance Monitor (APM) – Concurrency Monitor
The monitor dashboard allows you to view and plan the scheduling of your integrations.
The dashboard will outline your connections
- Average Concurrency
- Peak Concurrency
- Total Exceeded Concurrency
- Highest Exceeded Concurrency
- Concurrency Limit
- Within this tool you will see days and times that integrations run to help you to better schedule when integrations should run.
- The dashboard will outline your connections
- This monitor can be a beneficial tool to determine if you need to get the SCP license.
- Log into NetSuite as an administrator or a role that allows you to search/install bundles
- Using the "Customization" menu, find "SuiteBuilder" then click on "Search & Install Bundles"
Use "67350" or keyword "APM" to search for the bundle
- Click on "Application Performance Management"
- Click on the "Install" button, you will get a prompt like below.
- After you click on the "OK" button of this prompt you will get a NetSuite legal disclaimer to read and agree/disagree to. (If you disagree you will not be able to install the bundle)
- A copy of this NetSuite legal disclaimer is attached below. (NOTE: The live document may change at any time, this is just a copy as of the date of this post.)
- Please read the live document before you agree to it
Use Concurrency Monitor
- Once the bundle is installed you can get to the monitor using the "Customization" menu, find "Performance" then click on "Concurrency Monitor"
- If you look at the examples below they show a time line of when scripts have ran.
- First image is all ETLs within the limit
- Second image is all ETLs exceeding the limit
SuiteCloud Plus License
- By default, all accounts have a concurrent connection limit of 5, with this license your limit increases to 15.
- If needed you can purchase additional SuiteCloud Plus licenses to increase your concurrency in increments of 15 though the monitor of your integrations should be attempted first.
- “Monitoring Web Services and RESTlet Concurrency.” Oracle NetSuite - SuiteAnswers, Oracle NetSuite, 24 May 2018, 11:32 PM, netsuite.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/74068/kw/74068.
- “APM SuiteApp: How to Monitor Your Account Concurrency Usage.” YouTube, Oracle Learning Library, 2 May 2018, www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12&v=vkE4HoiQAv8.