DemandCaster's new Advanced Planning application has been completely reimagined will eventually replace our S&OP application. What was once a rigid hierarchical structure in S&OP is now very flexible and user friendly.
Key differences between our new Advanced Planning application and the current S&OP application are as follows:
- Name Change: We changed the name from S&OP to Advanced Planning. This is because S&OP is actually a very specific business planning process and the Advanced Planning application will support any business planning process including IBP, SIOP, or your own specific planning methodology.
- Flexibility: The forecast hierarchy and the demand plan hierarchy are now separate and flexible. This allows for the creation of one rigid forecasting hierarchy and many demand planning hierarchical views.
- Hierarchy Builder: You may now forecast based on any combination of hierarchical levels including locations since the underlying database data is coded with three primary attributes - item, location, and customer.. Previously, you were limited to only sales related hierarchies. Further the demand planning views can be pivoted to any combination of levels.
- Pages: Clicking the tool icon allows the creation of multiple Demand Plan pages each with their own customer views and hierarchies. The pages are user specific and will eventually include filtering.
- Tabs: Clicking the tool icon allows the creation of multiple tabbed views within a page to created. The tabs are user specific and include selecting what columns to make visible.
Finally, navigation up and down the hierarchy and to specific nodes are all in one place simplifying navigation.
The new Advanced Planning application only affects the forecasting and demand planning portion of what we called S&OP. Supply Planning and Approval steps have not changes so please refer to their documentation under S&OP: