The forecast distribution percentage is an important value in DemandCaster. It sets the distribution percentage from an aggregate level down to the item and vice versa when forecasting and editing demand plan values.
It is of particular importance when forecasting items that are size based such as apparel.
Click on Excel
Two options are available:
- Current Level: Downloads only the current level
- All Levels Below: Downloads all the way to the item level
Update the File
- Delete the column System Percentage (column H)
- Enter "1" in the "Is User Defined" column for all the rows to be changed to a user defined value.
- If you wish to zero out certain rows or set a specific percentage, enter the percentage in column F. This will set the Forecast Distribution to the value entered. All other values will be auto calculated so that the entire cumulative percentage is 100.
- You may also delete all the rows that will not be changed and change the remainder to 1 in column G.
NOTE: For values that were previously updated with a user defined value, you may revert to the statistical value by changing the previously entered 1 in the last column to 0.
Save the File and Compress
- Once the values are entered, save as a tab delimited text file named sopparetodistribution.txt
- Compress the file.
Values are Updated
- Once the upload completes, the Forecast Distribution values are updated and change to red to reflect the requirements set in the spreadsheet.
- The values set to 0 in the spreadsheet are also 0 in the Forecast Distribution on the page.
- You may manually tweak the values on the page by clicking on the edit button in the Forecast Distribution column header.